Monday, September 9, 2013

Salman Khan: "Lets Use Video to Reinvent Education"

I agree to disagree with  Khan's using video to reinvent education. Personally, videos are good for learning, because the viewer can rewind the video for clarity. It gets quite annoying asking a teacher or instructor to explain a concept over and over again. Videos are also easily accessible, so this is helpful. Although Khan's plan is good for those who have disabilties and learn better through the use of videos, what about those who learn math better in a traditional setting? I sometimes find myself getting quite bored with videos. If I listen to videos or sit in front of a screen displaying videos for too long, I began to lose interest. I have a habit of delaying assignments, because of this. If videos are used to reinvent education, what are the teachers roles in the schools? Are they now observers? One of my concerns are, will students effectively learn the concepts of math? When a traditional math test is presented in front of the student, will he or she be able to remember those concepts they learned from the videos? Though Salman Khan make clever points, I still have some concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment