Friday, September 6, 2013

Jane McGonigal: "The game that can give you 10 extra years of life"

I think that Jane McGonigal is overly optimistic about games. Her imagination is so far in neverland to the point of no return. She says, "when people are on their death beds, they regret not playing games." McGonigal used the top five regrets of people to conclude that. She really thinks that games will change people's lives. In order for me to be persuaded I need to see proof of study. Jane McGonigal gives an example of an experience in her life when she had a concussion. She turned her tragic moment into a game to get better. Personally, I think that was creative of her. However, in my opinion I think that was a temporary quick fix. I do not deny the fact that incorporating games in daily routines bring happiness and other good weird feelings. Besides the math McGonigal presented in the beginning, she will have to present a recent human study.

No comments:

Post a Comment