Monday, September 2, 2013

Nicholas Carr: Information Overload

In Carr's opening statement, I agree with the fact, "humans crave information." We would Google any question or piece of information that we are not sure about. We like to learn more about the things we do not know. I do not necessarily think that having access to digital technology is making us stupid. However, it does requires people to do less thinking. It depends on each individual , how they use technology and what they are searching for.  I agree with Nicholas Carr when he says, "working memory can only hold so much memory." Personally, I have experienced studying and taking a break to view something else. Instantly, I forgot the information I had learned. To an extent, I think that digital data can be a distraction. When we begin to check our phones and emails, we tend to shift our attention some place else. Carr had some good points. He also backed it with different forms of memories of the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment