Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Big Paper Topic; "Flipping the Classroom"

I found myself interested in Salman Khan's, "Khan's Academy." Being that I am majoring in Elementary Education, I have concerns about this career field in the future. Personally, teachers do not get paid their worth as is. One of my concerns, if students teach themselves at home and do the homework in class, what would be the teacher's job? Since the students would not necessarily need teachers, unless for assistance, will this result in the decrease of teacher's salary?

Therefore I have decided to educate myself on "flipping the classroom". I am more on the traditional side when it comes to learning. I believe that allowing students to indulge in technology while in a learning environment can be very distracting. I do not think that the students will be able to retrieve important information as they should.

However, I am open to finding research stating that  flipping the classroom can be beneficial to students and teachers. I am interested in knowing how effective this change will be. I am hoping to find lots of useful information on this topic whether an author agrees or disagrees with this new way of learning. Hopefully, an experiment on this kind of learning has already been conducted.

No comments:

Post a Comment